We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act), and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
We are required to collect your name, address, date of birth and other verification information under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth).
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- photographs (including ID registration submitted for membership);
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through the use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise. This may include your IP address which will enable us to correlate that information with our membership database; and
- information you provide to us through our service centre or customer surveys.
West HQ utilises facial recognition technology to authenticate and verify customer identities in a secure manner. A photo is captured at the ticket verification kiosk and compared with the photograph presented on a photo identification card, digital driver’s licence or membership profile. Unless you agree to the contrary, we will destroy the biometric template created during this process upon providing positive or negative identity verification.
Photographs of individuals (members, visitors and guests) are collected and stored as part of the entry requirements of the venue which is governed by the Registered Club Act 1976 (NSW).
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect our personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- upon entering our premises;
- during conversations between you and our representatives; or
- when you complete a membership application form or complete a purchase.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
We may log IP addresses (electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
- If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences, and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- for secure access to facilities and events;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of the Company, its related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our relevant bodies corporate, contractors or service providers;
- to keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or service providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate (within Australia).
Direct marketing materials
West HQ may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. We will send these communications in various forms, including: mail, SMS, and email, following applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). You consent to us sending you those direct marketing communications by any of those methods. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications. We will then ensure that we remove your name from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for direct marketing.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing this information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information, we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that we have breached your privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that you hand in written complaints about breaches of privacy so that we can be sure about its details. Our Privacy Officer deals with privacy complaints, and any complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed the investigation, we will advise you of the outcome in writing. You are welcome to respond. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if there have been changes.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties concerning the privacy practices of any third-party website, and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third-party website. Third-party websites are responsible for informing you about their privacy practices.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how we can solve them. We will aim to ensure that we resolve your complaint in a timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at
Email: [email protected]
Post: West HQ Limited, 33 Railway Street, Rooty Hill, NSW, 2766
Tel: 9625 5500